Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 5, 2009

What's Next for Michael Vick?

From the Criminal Justice standpoint Michael Vick has just about paid his debt to society. I wonder if PETA is going to allow him to get on with his life, or are they going to continue their ranting and raving for his head. I need to say that I was appalled at the crimes against animals committed by Vick, but I was just as shocked at the national public outcry as a result. PETA and their supporters appeared as absent and silent from outcry against crimes against humanity as they were vocal about Michael Vick's crimes against animals.

Michael Vick deserves a second chance. He has served hard time, lost millions and been publicly disgraced. Enough is enough! Players charged with sexual assault, assault and other felonies are playing. Some of their crimes are played out on sports news shows and in other forums of the media. If they are allowed to play, Michael Vick should play. The NFL Commissioner should stop trying to be such a hard__s and let him try and play again. There is no guarantee he will even be able to make a team, but he deserves the opportunity.

The comedian Steve Harvey made sense when he compared the fact NYPD has killed unarmed, innocent civilians and did not spend an hour in jail. Let the man play! As for PETA, while I commend the work you do, your high-profile antics concern me. I only hear about you when a cause is in fashion or prevalent in the media.

My donations will continue to go to the ASPCA.

No comments: