Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Father & Son; Movers or Rip-off Artists? Part 2

Back to the Father & Son story. Unfortunately, the vague contract my friend signed gave them the legal avenue to get away with what they did. The arrival and departure times specified had a two hour window in both cases. However, this should have been figured into the estimate. It is easy to deal with hindsight; it is always 20/20 vision.

This blog is to inform consumers to read all contracts you sign carefully! If you are not certain about something; ask questions. If you do not like the answers you get; get a second opinion, even an attorney if you have to. Never take anything for granted.

I recommended Father & Son, based on my personal experience with them. I do not know if there was a management change or new regime, but the same service did not get to my friend. So, at the least, they are inconsistent; thereby unreliable. That is being kind! In my opinion, it is a little deeper than that. I advised my friend to go to the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. I advise anyone reading this to avoid Father & Son Movers & Storage like the plague! Find a more reputable company to do your moving and storage. You may have to spend a little more, but you will not get the unwanted surprises.

I do not know how this will end, but I will keep you posted.

No comments: