Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Steve McNair: Gone Too Soon

In a week where we lost so many and are still reeling from the deaths of Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon, and Michael Jackson; sports fans everywhere are mourning the loss of Steve McNair. Steve McNair came from a Division 1AA school to the NFL and made an impact as a player and a person.

Steve McNair was part of the best Super Bowl finish I had ever seen. I watched him during his career come back year after year when he was expected to retire. His exit from the Titans angered many, but Steve took it with class.

I know there will be speculation surrounding the circumstances of his death. His family will have to bear the weight of public scrutiny and the invasion of privacy that comes with it. I cannot make speculations or judgments about the circumstances of Steve McNair's demise, but I can remember him as the hero he was. With me, his legacy is set.

My condolences to his family.

No comments: